Saturday, March 29, 2008

New York Day 1



I'm in New York visiting friends from college and lovin' life right now. Angelle and I went to MOMA yesterday. I've never been before (not sure why?) but I really enjoyed it. Despite the angst of Art History courses coming back to me, it was awesome to see some of my favorite pieces of art. I saw works by my favorite artists: Henri Matisse, Jackson Pollock, Gustav Klimt, and Jean Miro. (Firestone would be proud.) After MOMA, I met Jordan at Food & Wine (where she works) and went out with her work friends for Happy Hour. After a few Stellas and soco & lime shots (one especially for me since I was "the visitor from Atlanta"), we went to the East Village to meet friends from Richmond who were having a birthday party at Professor Toms. I have discovered that most of my friends that live here live within a one block radius of each other and considering the size of Manhattan, that's extremely coincidental. All in all, it was a great first day in the city but I'm exhausted already. It's going to be a fun week.

No comments: