Thursday, December 23, 2010

Favorite Christmas Movie Quotes

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve, and like most time-honored family traditions, I have a few of my own. My family and I sit around most of the day by the fire watching our favorite Christmas movies. Every year, it's the same movies but somehow, they never get old. And neither do their memorable quotes. Here are a few of my favorites:

‎"Say, by the way, can you play 'Jingle Bells?' No, no. I mean 'Jingle Bells.' You know, deck them halls and all that stuff? You know, Santa Claus and ho-ho-ho, and mistletoe and presents to pretty girls..." - Lucy Van Pelt, A Charlie Brown Christmas


"Look Daddy. Teacher says, every time a bell rings an angel gets his wings." - Zuzu Bailey, It's a Wonderful Life

"And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more." - Dr. Seuss's How the Grinch Stole Christmas

"You're soft! You're sloppy! You're unruly! You're undisciplined ... and I never saw anything look so wonderful in my whole life." - General Waverly, White Christmas

"Oh Christmas isn't just a day, it's a frame of mind..." -Kris Kringle, Miracle on 34th Street

"I'm gonna give you to the count of 10 to get your ugly, yellow, no-good keister off my property before I pump your guts full of lead! One, two, ten... Keep the change ya' filthy animal." -Gangster 'Johnny,' Home Alone

"SON of a NUTcracker!"
"I'm a cotton-headed ninny-muggins."
"I love you. I love you! I LOOOOOVE YOU!"
"Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?" - Buddy the Elf, Elf

"Is your house on fire, Clark?"
"No, Aunt Bethany, those are the Christmas lights." - Clark Griswold, Christmas Vacation

"Let's go get the shit kicked out of us by love." - Sam, Love Actually

"He looks like deranged Easter Bunny. He does too, he looks like a pink nightmare."
"Uh, 'frah-gee-lay.' It must be Italian... Oh, I think it says 'fragile,' honey... Oh, yeah." - Mr. Parker, A Christmas Story

What are some of your favorite Christmas movie quotes?

No comments: