Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My Latest Obsession: KNITTING

I have recently taken up knitting.
Yes, that's right. Another hobby to add to my growing list of DIY projects.
My good friend Ann Kamps showed my a few of the basics last night during our Knitting 101 Party. So far, I've learned the knit and purl stitches. She also showed me this little technique that incorporates 3 "loops" into the knit stitch to add various textures and patterns. I picked up the basic stitches quite quickly and found myself hesitant to put the needles down. I think I may have a new-found addiction on my hands. Hopefully soon, I'll have some new mittens too.

Next up, I'm going to make a scarf. Wish me luck!

And for the knitting gurus out there... check out Ravelry, a great online community that offers patterns, tools and resources for knitters and crocheters.

No comments: