Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Head and the Heart

Because of my undying affection for folk music and current love for bands like Mumford & Sons, Grace Potter & The Nocturnals, Bon Iver, Fleet Foxes and The Avett Brothers, my good friend Laura recommended that I listen to The Head and the Heart. I fell in love immediately! She made me a mixed CD (yes, that's right, a CD) and I've been playing on repeat in my car for a while now. I can't stop listening to their twangy instruments, passionate lyrics and harmonic sounds. And not only is their music lovely, the band members are all pretty attractive themselves. They're a Seattle based band but a few of the members are actually from my hometown of Richmond, VA. Here's hoping they come back and pay us a visit soon, I'm long overdue for a great live show.

image sources: Ben Blood, SeattleMet, SSG Music


No comments: