Sunday, March 20, 2011

SXSW 2011


Although I wasn't physically at the SXSW Music Festival this year, I was there in spirit. And thanks to today's super awesome technology (i.e. NPR's iPhone app and Sirius XMU's Live Broadcast, among others) I was able to hear performances from some of my favorite bands, all streaming live from Austin, TX.

Here's a list of the shows I wish I'd seen:

The Strokes. Free show with fireworks. Auditorium Shores Stage.

Wild Flag. Parish.

Jack White. His own, Third Man Rolling Record Shop.

TV on the Radio. Spin Magazine's party. Stubb's BBQ.

Fitz & the Tantrums. Lance Armstrong's bike shop, Mellow Johnny's.

Tennis. Club de Ville.

Toro y Moi. 512 Rooftop.

The Head and the Heart. Antone's.

Friendly Fires & The Hood Internet. The Mohawk.

Superhumanoids. Victorian Room at the Driskill.

Papercuts. Red 7 Patio.

No comments: