Wednesday, February 20, 2008

America's Top Next Runway Art Director Idol

The writers’ strike is over! While I wasn’t on strike and continued to manipulate stories to my liking, the writers in Hollywood went on strike for more than four months while network executives sat on their lazy asses until finally coming to an agreement about benefits and copyrights in the entertainment industry. Well, the strike is over and personally, I couldn’t be more excited about new episodes of Entourage, Gossip Girl, and… shit, what else did I watch? It’s been so long I can’t even remember.

So what did I do during the writers’ strike? That’s simple. I watched reality TV. Reality TV in all its shocking and trashy glory played constantly on re-run and surprisingly, it grew on me. I’m a huge fan of Keeping Up with the Kardashians and Rock of Love 1 & 2, but my favorite reality shows were the competition shows like Project Runway. What an awesome career opportunity for a creative fashion designer! Being creative minded, I appreciate these types of shows (ex. Top Chef, America’s Next Top Model, that one where they design homes, etc.) So where is the competition show where advertising creatives compete to win client work? Well apparently there is one. It’s called AD FIGHT and it’s premiering soon on the Oxygen Network. I wonder if Heddy or Balser will be guest judges?

No comments: