Saturday, November 14, 2009

Certainly a Magnetic Force

I seriously can't stop thinking about Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros. I first heard their song "Home" on an independent radio station out of Southwest Virginia and I've been hooked ever since. They've got a great old folk sound and such a cool vibe about them. Think Arcade Fire mixed with some folk band from the 60s and you've got this fun loving hippie entourage.
I just saw their live show in Athens this past Wednesday, which made me love them even more. There are 11 people (maybe 12) on stage, all dancing and playing random instruments like ukuleles and tambourines. Not too mention, they just seem like cool people to hang out with. Jade is precious and I seriously wish I could replicate Alex's (Edward Sharpe's) amazingly sloppy hair-do. I wonder if they'll let me join the band... I've got some mad maraca skills.

Enjoy some YouTube vids.
Pictures from the show at the 40 Watt coming soon...






No comments: