Saturday, November 21, 2009

Missed Connections...

A friend (thanks Peele!) introduced me recently to the "Missed Connections" section on Craigslist. And I'm totally obsessed. Originally looking for a missed connection of my own -- (Emile Hirsch look alike that works at the Urban Outfitters on Ponce - I'm still waiting for you!) -- I've since found some great messages that have really brightened my day. It's weird in a way, almost like stumbling upon a box of love notes that you were never supposed to read & peering in on the deepest emotions of others, it seems almost invasive. But the idea to me is so neat, find that someone you felt a connection with but failed to do anything about it. You never know, they might be out there trying to find you.

Here are some cute notes I thought I'd share...

Thanksgiving Wishes:
"We have been apart for almost three months, I am still wishing you will come back to me...but since I am on CL posting so I don't bother you with my feelings, and since this is my favorite time of the year, I just wanted to wish you and yours all the good & happy things family brings this time of year...Although I don't have my kids this year, I will be going home to spend this holiday with my family. I will be thinking of you...T : )"

Birthday Party Encounter:
"Ok, so this is a week late but hopefully not too late. I can't get you out of my mind. Last weekend at a birthday party in a small country church I spotted you and I think you saw me. R u curious too?"

Love those Comics:
"Holy Bus Ride Batman!
You were sitting across from me on the bus today around 4ish. You were reading Batman. I dig it. I hope you see this so that together, we can save Gotham city."

Best Friend's Wife:
"Yeah, this breaks every rule in the book, but I can't help the fact that I think you're an amazing person, beautiful and sexy and I think about you all the time. When we talk, I can't help but wonder if you have the same kind of thoughts about me that I have about you. It seems like we are drawn to each other when we're all hanging out. You have amazing eyes, and I've been told I do too. Even after a lot of years, I still get nervous when I'm around you. I can't tell you any of this in person, so I'm saying it here. . ."

Sitting on the L Train:
"You were sitting next to me listening to your iPod. I had a t-shirt and CDs in my hand, you asked me about one of them, we talked about the artists on it. You smiled, said "Nice to meet you" and got off at Union Square. I should have asked for your number."


I wonder if anyone has ever posted a missed connection about me?

No comments: