Friday, March 12, 2010

Collections

I found this great montage on Flickr this morning. Bird in the Hand started a new art project this year entitled A Collection a Day 2010 where she highlights a grouping of certain items (such as scissors or clothes pins) every day and uploads a picture. Below are some examples of her work.

So I started thinking, what exactly do I collect? Let's see. Besides shoes, extensive skin care products, and the pile of laundry that seems to be "collecting" in the corner of my closet, what do I collect? I do have a heaping pile of magazine clippings that need to go somewhere. Maybe I can use them for a collage or to create some type of mood board. I also collect greeting cards. But as of now, they're sitting in a box on a shelf. Maybe I can put them in a scrapbook. Or (insert Aha! Moment here) start a blog about my greeting cards...

Now the ideas are starting to flow.

Now I'm curious, what do you collect? I'd love to know.

No comments: