Monday, May 24, 2010

acid (brain)washed...

I know. I know. Who in their right mind would want those tapered, acid-washed jeans from the 80s? And I'm not talking about the hip versions they're now selling at Urban Outfitters. I'm talking about the real deal, you-probably-owned-a-pair-circa 5th grade, baggy old, hand-me-down jeans. The one's that you "pegged" aka "rolled up" to fit nicely above your sneakers. Yes, those.

Well, I want a pair! Bad. And what's worse is, I also want a similar pair that I can make into cut-off jean shorts. You might think that my fashion sense has gone to shit, heck, you might think I was a Florida Gator, but before you judge, check out the chic, stylish picture below. I think if I paired these shorts with a striped top or a loose fitting blouse, I could pull it off. Then again, I tend to think I can pull a lot of things off. Regardless, I'm super intrigued by this trend so I'm going to give it a try. Now, where in the world (or on the world wide web) can I find something like this? Any suggestions?

No comments: