Monday, May 24, 2010

World Cup Vanity Fair Photos

Annie Leibovitz has done it again. Blown my mind. And sparked my, well, curiosity. For the June issue of Vanity Fair, Leibovitz photographed some of the biggest soccer stars set to play in this year's World Cup. Now, several of my friends are already talking about their excitement over the global tournament. I'm really looking forward to it (The World Cup begins Friday, June 11th). However, I must admit that most of my interest in this sport doesn't stem from a longtime love of fútbol. Based on the pictures below, you can probably take a guess why I'll be watching.

Photographer: Annie Leibovitz
Pub: Vanity Fair
Photo Series includes: Portugal’s Cristiano Ronaldo, Ivory Coast’s Didier Drogba, Cameroon’s Samuel Eto’o, Ghana’s Sulley Muntari, the U.S.A.’s Landon Donovan, Brazil’s Kaká and Pato, Italy’s Gianluigi Buffon, Serbia’s Dejan Stankovic, England’s Carlton Cole, and Germany’s Michael Ballack

Schedule of the matches found here.

No comments: