Wednesday, April 2, 2008

New York Day 5

On Tuesday, we did more shopping. Even being so broke that I probably won't eat for the rest of the week couldn't keep me away from shopping. Angelle and I went to the lower east side (my favorite area of the city) and went to a bunch of vintage stores (my favorite kind of stores). We headed up Orchard Street and just happened to stumble upon a movie set. We saw Zooey Deschanel (she's been in Almost Famous, Failure to Launch, etc.) and the old guy from the show Taxi. Anyone who can remember his name please help me out. We couldn't remember his name but everyone was shaking his hand so we new he was famous. That afternoon, we went to Chelsea to visit another friend Christina at the art gallery that she manages. The paintings in her gallery were really cool. One in particular was a charcoal sketch of an eye that I desperately wanted to buy and hang in my apartment. Tuesday night we went to see Jersey Boys. It was SO GREAT! I mean REALLY great. Everyone that gets a chance should see it. It's the story of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. The oldies music was so fun it made me dance in my seat.

No comments: